News of the murder eventually reaches a Hong Kong prison holding the victim's brother, Han (JET LI), a former cop who . When Mercuric asks why, Romeo replies how he had a dream that night. In a chance encounter, Han befriends Trish by helping her ditch her assigned security, and then discovers Po called Trish's clothing store the day before he was killed. Romeo Must Die: The Album is the soundtrack to Andrzej Bartkowiak's 2000 action film Romeo Must Die, composed of hip hop and R&B music. I don't go too much for the violence, but the movie was entertaining and original. They don't make films like these as often anymore. [chuckles] It is considered Jet Li's breakout role in the English speaking . Mr Sing with all due respect, there is no way in the world that anybody in my camp would be foolish enough to touch your family, any more than anybody in your camp would be stupid enough to touch mine. Romeo Must Die is a 2000 American action film directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak in his directorial debut, . Hang Sing and Trish O'Day uncover a trail of deceit that leaves most of the warring factions dead or worse! Despite Ch'u's assurances that their partnership remains intact, Isaak fears retribution following Po's death and has his chief lieutenant, Mac, place security details on his son Colin and his daughter Trish, the latter of whom refuses to be involved in her father's illegal enterprises. Some of the fight scenes are computerised, but Impresses big time. The cop sets out for revenge against the gangsters who killed his sibling, only to become sidetracked when he falls in love with his archenemy's daughter. After killing the Chinese hitmen responsible, Han questions his father, who deflects suspicion by suggesting Isaak may have used outside contractors. Isaak Romeo Must Die (2000) - full transcript. [3], It was released in the United States on DVD on August 1, 2000,[14] and on Blu-ray on August 14, 2012. Romeo Must Die Romeo Must Die; Theatrical release poster: Directed by: Andrzej Bartkowiak: Produced by Romeo Must Die . When her brother is also killed it looks as if the two groups have started a war despite their shared business enterprise. But Tybalt doesn't care about the consequences. There are some nice fight scenes, though it seems an . Jet Li as almost always , playing a stalwart and loner fighter eliminating enemies of incredible manners , as he delivers the goods in his own style full of usual violence and fights with snapping wrists and worth it just to see Jet Li in action . ^ Shipments figures based on certification alone. Isaak O'Day : [receives a phone call and his face goes grave] Somebody canceled Chu's boy. Because, without these deeds, you ain't got no what is that popular term, Dave? Co-producer, Warren Carr. The plot is similar to that of Romeo and Juliet and featured famed martial arts star Jet Li and singer Aaliyah in her first movie debut.. Romeo Must Die. Mr Sing you have my deepest, deepest condolences. The rest was rather senseless violence about gangs trying to out do each other. This film was the acting debut ofR&BsingerAaliyah. I want you to know i'll be looking into this myself personally. I'm afraid I already have partners. Romeo Must Die (2000) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Romeo Must Die is a 2000 American action film directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak his directorial debut, and fight choreography by Corey Yuen.The film stars Jet Li, Aaliyah, Isaiah Washington, Russell Wong, Delroy Lindo, Henry O, Anthony Anderson and DMX.The film was released in the United States on March 22, 2000. When he arrives, he meets Trish O'Day(R&B Singer Aaliyah, in her film debut). Most of the asian characters are shortchanged dramatically. N film, nj ish-oficer kinez i policis udhton n Shtetet e Bashkuara n mnyr q t hakmerret pr vdekjen e vllait. Ai gjithashtu bie . He was a part of the Montague family. PLOT: On Oakland's waterfront, a bitter turf battle is being played out between Asian and African American crime families. Synopsis. Good action film with awesome martial arts sequences! Q magazine included the soundtrack album in their list of the "5 Best Compilations of 2000".[25]. B. Romeo Must Die is set in Los Angeles where Po Sing (Jon Kit Lee) the son of a Chinese mobster is found murdered hanging from a street post, back home in China his brother Han (Jet Li) hears of Po's death & escapes from prison & flies to Los Angeles to avenge him. AKA: Romo doit mourir. Trish and Han visit the last holdout on Po's list: Silk's nightclub. Later, when Han is persuaded to play football with Mac and the rest, we see Maurice with a scar on the left side of his lip. 5 1 vote. It is entertaining if nothing else is on TV, or if you just want to watch the beautiful Aaliyah in action. A young billionaire named Vincent Roth caused the death of her brother Colin. : You could tell they were choreographed. When I watch a movie like this, I want it to look like people are really fighting each other. | [Isaak produces some papers from his briefcase and pushes them towards Roth]. The film's setting is Oakland, California, but other than a few establishing shots, film production was entirely in Vancouver, British Columbia. With Jet Li, Aaliyah, Isaiah Washington, Russell Wong. It was his rebellion, and the fight that ensued, that led to his death. I don't think Corey Yuen's fight choreography is bad, it just is out of place and not really suited for this movie. [20] Aaliyah received praise for her role. It was nothing like the Hong Kong and all but one person spoke in Mandarin (most people in Hong Kong speak cantonese). Both families become involved in competing corrupt schemes to finance the building of a waterfront football stadium. [27] The soundtrack sold 1.3 million copies by the end of 2000[28] and 1.5 million copies in the US as of 2001. Sorry Romeo, but you gotta die. Mac [receives a phone call and his face goes grave] During the late 1990s, the producer Joel Silver became annoyed that he did not see anything fresh or original in American action films. It just wouldn't happen. An enraged Mac threatens Isaak to take the deal, using Trish as a hostage. Our business venture will continue. For those who like cross-culture, "Romeo Must Die", show be the one for you! This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. [17] Writing for the San Francisco Chronicle, Bob Graham likened it to The Matrix, describing it as a "cross-cultural kung fu extravaganza" that shines during Li's stunts. At a remote location, Han defeats Mac's henchmen and goes to rescue Trish. ROMEO MUST DIE is one of those rare films which, while not particularly good for its genre, is surprisingly good for other reasons. : The Block stars Tom and Sarah-Jane are enjoying their newfound fame with a VIP trip to the Australian Open in Melbourne.. Trish waits with her father for an ambulance while Han leaves to find Ch'u. However, living in Hong Kong, I DO have a few problems with the film. However, I enjoyed the soundtrack more than the movie itself. Meanwhile, Chu has his fellow crime lords killed to sell their properties and keep the money to himself. Romeo Must Die is a sloppy film that has poorly executed action scenes. His father's right-hand man Kai (Russell Wong) and his henchmen pull Po out and, after a brief fight with the bouncers, are ejected by Silk (DMX), the club's owner, before the meeting can take place. Three singles & videos were released from the album: Aaliyah's number one pop hit "Try Again" (directed by Wayne Isham), Aaliyah and DMX duet "Come Back in One Piece" (directed by Little X), and Timbaland & Magoo's "We At It Again" (directed by Chris Robinson), which introduced Timbaland's younger brother, rapper Sebastian, to audiences. I wish the fight scenes were more authentic. Prince Escalus has banned dueling on pain of death. 30 seconds of violence were removed including blood spurts from gunshots, a throat punch, shots of a scorching bowl being pressed onto Jet Li's hands and Li's burned hands being scraped whilst Li is dragged around, heavy punches, a head-butt and a throat chop. Patricia O'Day, aged twenty one, was a part-time social worker and full time clothing store manager. This is a pretty intriguing and action-packed movie starring Jet Li in one of his first Hollywood appearances. Trish and Han team up, and realize that Po wanted to show Colin a list of businesses that were either destroyed or being threatened for failing to sell their properties. [3]Jet Li stated on his personal website that they had filmed both versions of the scene (with kiss and without), and decided to use the latter because it would be "somewhat strange and awkward" for Han to have witnessed his father's suicide and then to come out and kiss someone. Even fake wars have casualties, Isaak. Though Jet Li and Aaliyah are quite obviously in love at the close of the film, they never kiss. Lethal Weapon 4 was just a starter, this movie delivers! At his brother's funeral, Han . The film's setting is Oakland, California, but other than a few establishing shots, film production was entirely in Vancouver, British Columbia. Mr Sing you have my deepest, deepest condolences. Isaak shoots the henchman holding Trish, while Han arrives and confronts Mac about his brother. : Isaak Anything beyond that seemed forced. I'm pleased to hear that, thank you. The film was considered Li's American film breakthrough[4] and Aaliyah's acting breakthrough. An enraged Mac has Trish brought out as a hostage to force him to take the payout. Executive producer, Dan Cracchiolo. Except where otherwise indicated, Everything.Explained.Today is Copyright 2009-2022, A B Cryer, All Rights Reserved. Filmi u lshua n Shtetet e Bashkuara m 22 mars 2000. Aaliyah plays the daughter of the American mob boss. Isaak O'Day : And that's always been your problem, Mac. Isaak and Chu meet with Roth at the Oakland Men's Club to sell Roth the deeds for the properties they now control. The duo meet with the owner, but Mac arrives and kills him for his deed, and then abducts Trish and Han. Hang Sing and Trish O'Day uncover a trail of deceit that leaves most of the warring factions dead or worse! Han berates his father for killing Po out of greed, and declares that he will leave him to be punished by either the police or the other Triad families. For me, it is a bit nostalgic for that reason. Ch'u Sing Romeo: And we mean well in going to this mask; But 'its not wit to go. It includes four songs byAaliyah, as well as works byChante Moore,Destiny's Child,Ginuwine,Joe,Timbaland & Magooand more. Mercutio sticks up for his friends and loses his life doing it. Romeo Must Die is a 2000 American action film directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak, his directorial debut, and starring Jet Li, Aaliyah, Anthony Anderson, Delroy Lindo, Isaiah Washington, Russell Wong, and features action and fight choreography by Corey Yuen. : [laughs] Isaak O'Day And that's always been your problem, Mac. Official Sites Overview System Requirements Related. Those . Romeo Must Die is a blast from the past. It was released on March 28, 2000 through Blackground Records and Virgin Records in association with Warner Bros. Records (who helped co-financed the soundtrack). : Mac The film grossed $91 million against a production budget of $25 million. The question of who killed Colin Winchester became part of Canberra's DNA, and even with the verdict, many people will still argue the toss for years to come. Han and Isaak have a friendly introduction, then Trish waits with her father for an ambulance while Han leaves to confront Kai. The story revolves around their quickly blooming relationship and the opposing families around them. This is my favourite Jet Li movie, others include Kiss of the Dragon, Unleashed, Born to defend and Black mask. [7][8] Filming locations included Gastown, GrandviewWoodland, Vanier Park, Chinatown, Versatile Pacific Shipyards, and the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden. Isaak O'Day [Pointing the gun] I read some not-so-great reviews about "Romeo must Die" so I really didn't have my hopes up high. They are too fast and too confusing to be completely effective. : Vincent Roth : Still, "Romeo Must Die" is an actionflick you wouldn`t want to miss. Kai informs Han that the waterfront properties are divided between Black and Chinese businesses, and Po was a casualty of racial tensions that have recently escalated into a gang war. Damn, that some cold shit. It just wouldn't happen. wgci past radio personalities; auto sear jig legal An avenging cop seeks out his brother's killer and falls for the daughter of a businessman who is involved in a money-deal with his father.An avenging cop seeks out his brother's killer and falls for the daughter of a businessman who is involved in a money-deal with his father.An avenging cop seeks out his brother's killer and falls for the daughter of a businessman who is involved in a money-deal with his father. One quibble, which I feel follows a disturbing pattern in motion pictures. During the late 1990s, the producer Joel Silver became annoyed that he did not see anything fresh or original in American action films. [9], The critical reception was mixed. Mac interrupts their meeting to kill Silk and take his property deed, then abducts Trish and Han. Fans of martial arts will do well to wait for it to come out on video, so they can fast-forward through all the meaningless exposition and endless shots of people giving mean and meaningful looks at each other and get to the good stuff. At the Sing compound, Kai and Han have an all-out fight. : Starring: Jet Li, Aaliyah, Isaiah Washington. I will admit that I have probably watched this at least 5 times. The couple, who starred on the last season of The Block, were special . I'm gonna find your Aaliyah looking ass! Ch'u Sing: Jon Kit Lee . ALSO, I was really confused when they showed Hong Kong. It is considered Jet Li's breakout role in the English speaking American film industry. Thank you. I guess uh, old collard green couldn't fly, huh? Vincent Roth: Anthony Anderson . Banks; D'Mon Dedrick Rolison; K. Garman; T. Anderson, D. Scantz; J. Austin; Jazze Pha; Kevin Hicks, C. Loving; D. Bing; Irv Gotti; Robin Mays, B. Bush; J. Peacock; M. Brown; S. Garrett, Chant Moore; Eric Seats; Rapture Stewart; Stephen Garrett, McKinley, Myron "Elfilin"; Stanley Clarke. : : | 18/08/2021, by , in Uncategorized, 0 commentsUncategorized, 0 comments Romeo Must Die Production: A Warner Bros. release of a Silver Pictures production. The two have been acquiring deeds to properties along the waterfront to sell to Vincent Roth, a business magnate who plans to buy a new NFL franchise and build a stadium. Trish waits with her father for an ambulance while Han leaves to find Ch'u. As Han walks away, his father picks up his gun and commits suicide. Label: Virgin. Russell Wong is phenomenal is a very short role. Han finds Trish waiting for him outside, and the two walk away together as the police arrive. It follows a Chinese former police officer . [7] [8] Filming locations included Gastown, GrandviewWoodland, Vanier Park, Chinatown, Versatile Pacific Shipyards, and the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden. On a March night 21 years ago, Hollywood's latest riff on the Hong Kong action movie Romeo Must Die was having its red carpet premiere at Westwood's Mann Village Theater. The story is a little sloppy in following in a Romeo and Juliet type of thing, but most of the action/fight sequences and a couple of good performances almost make it un-noticeable (almost). : Two warring gang families (one African-American, the other Chinese) maneuver for bragging rights to the Oakland, California, docks. In the ensuing shootout, Isaak is wounded while Roth escapes via helicopter, but Mac shoots Roth's briefcase out of his hand and the deeds scatter into the wind. Isaak O'Day [21], The film's soundtrack, Romeo Must Die: The Album, is a hip hop and R&B soundtrack released by Blackground Records and Virgin Records America in association with Warner Bros. Records (who helped co-financed the soundtrack) on March 28, 2000. Vincent Roth Executive producer Joel Silver had lots of original ideas about movie making, and this one I would say is one of them. Let me start by saying I adore the late Aaliyah. In August 2021, it was reported that Aaliyah's recorded work for Blackground (since rebranded as Blackground Records 2.0) would be re-released on physical, digital, and, for the first time ever, streaming services in a deal between the label and Empire Distribution[26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] "Romeo Must Die: The Album" was rereleased September 3, 2021. That night, Colin and his girlfriend are murdered by an unseen assailant. A rogue Multiverse agent goes on a manhunt for alternate versions of himself, getting stronger with each kill. What happened to your son was tragic Mr Sing, very unnecessary. I don't want to see anything up there or the screen that is not physically possible. Andrzej Bartkowiak's Jet Li-starring, kung-fu-meets-Romeo & Juliet action/romance Romeo Must Die comes to DVD in a fairly complete presentation. . Repost is prohibited without the creator's permission. The two visit one of the remaining businesses on Po's list, but the Chinese owner and his employees have been killed. These black guys'll bury you. before being told it has to be KILLED due to state law Directed by . I guess uh, old collard green couldn't fly, huh? At the Sing compound, Kai admits he personally killed Po for interfering with Ch'u's dealings with Roth. They initially experimented with it for a single fight scene with Jet Li and tested it in front of an American audience, which gave an overwhelmingly positive response, before using it in more action scenes throughout the film.[6]. Not usually a fan of this type of all-out Action movie, "Romeo Must Die" knocked me off balance when I found it to be one of the best films I have ever enjoyed. Collins, G. Mosley; M. Barcliff; S. Garrett; Timothy Mosley. And as impressive as the action sequences are, some critics feel they are over-edited. After killing the Chinesehitmen, Han questions his father, who clumsily deflects suspicion by suggesting Isaak may have used outside contractors. In this modern day Romeo and Juliet, kung fu action star Jet Li plays Romeo to hip-hop singer, Aaliyah Haughton's Juliet. Isaak O'Day Romeo Must Dies total North American gross is $55,973,336. Isaak Han Sing, played by the actor Jet Li, resembles Romeo, where as Trish O'Day, played by the actress Aaliyah . 'Skulls,' 'Fidelity' debut well. Mac Collins, G. Mosley; M. Barcliff; S. Garrett; Timothy Mosley, Timbaland & MagoofeaturingStatic Major& Sebastian. After Chu takes a multimillion-dollar payment and departs, Isaak refuses his payment, stating that his compensation will be in the form of an ownership share of the new franchise. Mac Isaak O'Day : And that's always been your problem, Mac. I'm not sure if that bit WAS actually Hong Kong butif you're going to say that he's in prison in Hong Kong, why choose a place which does NOT give a proper image of Hong Kong? In "Romeo Must Die," Li plays Han, an ex-cop who also happens to be a convict in a Hong Kong prison. 6.6K ViewsFeb 12, 2022. Jet Li Han Sing Aaliyah Trish O'Day Isaiah Washington Mac Label number: 49052. : [15], The film has a 32% approval rating from 94 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, a review aggregator; the critical consensus reads: "In his second Hollywood movie, Jet Li impresses. He falls in love with a rival mobster's daughter as they . Producer Joel Silver (Who also produced "The Matrix") describes the film as an "Urban rendition of Romeo and Juliet" and although this is a very simple way of looking at the film, it's not far off the mark. While hunting down his brother's murderer, he falls in love with the daughter of a rival crime boss who is his prime suspect. Romeo Must Die is a 2000 American action film directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak in his directorial debut, featuring fight choreography by Corey Yuen, and starring Jet Li . You're not joking. Han finds Trish waiting for him outside and the two walk away from the house together. Han gets close to Trisha as he investigates and ends up fighting her unwanted minders on several occasions; often with fairly amusing results. The film stars Jet Li and Aaliyah in her feature film debut, It follows a Chinese former police officer travelling to the United States in order to avenge his brother's death. Frustrated by the lack of originality in Hollywood action films, producer Joel Silver built the film around Hong Kong action films. E. Ruiz; F. Ferraro; J. Walker; J.E. Romeo Must Die is an action film that is loosely based on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. See production, box office & company info. The film was considered Li's American film breakthrough[4] and Aaliyah's acting breakthrough. Po Sing (Jon Kit Lee) is waiting for someone in a nightclub in a predominantly Black neighborhood when a group of angry patrons try to start a fight with him. In August 2021, it was reported that Aaliyah's recorded work for Blackground (since rebranded as Blackground Records 2.0) would be re-released on physical, digital, and, for the first time ever, streaming services in a deal between the label and Empire Distribution[31][32][33][34][35][36] "Romeo Must Die: The Album" was rereleased September 3, 2021. In fact, you'd be hard-pressed to find one person in Hong Kong who knows martial arts Jet Li style). FILM REVIEW; Hip-Hop Joins Martial Arts but Lets Plot Muscle In, Romeo Must Die' Flies On the Strength of Jet Li, Convoluted Subplots Kill Off 'Romeo Must Die', Aaliyah: A 'beautiful person's' life cut short, MTV.com - News - 'NSYNC On Top Again As Aaliyah, Drag-On Hit Chart, Aaliyah albums streaming: 'Her influence is absolutely everywhere', Aaliyah's One in a Million Arrives to Streaming Amid Dispute Between Label and Estate, Stream Aaliyah's 'One in a Million' Album, Aaliyah's Estate Slams Her Uncle's 'Unauthorized' Announcement of Releasing Her Music To Streaming Platforms, Aaliyah estate denounces upcoming 'unauthorized projects' as 'Blackground 2.0' emerges, http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/films-videos-sound-recordings/rpm/Pages/image.aspx?Image=nlc008388.9840&URLjpg=http%3a%2f%2fwww.collectionscanada.gc.ca%2fobj%2f028020%2ff4%2fnlc008388.9840.gif&Ecopy=nlc008388.9840. Mac : [Pointing the gun] Don't look at me boy! Good thing I did watch it!! [20] Aaliyah received praise for her role. [to Trish, who has just shot him] Now, that's some cold s**t. I don't own nothing. Romeo Must Die is the 1st and in my opinion, the better of the two hip hop/martial arts action films directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak. Trish Release Dates When Han leaves Trish's place and beats up Maurice and his gang, we see Maurice with a cut that is bleeding on the right side of his lip. : This is Jet Li's second Hollyood movie after the Hit Lethal weapon 4. who killed colin in romeo must die. Once again D-man "catchin foo's slippin" Seems like the son of the boss Collin o' Day believes he "deserves what's coming to him" in this scene he apparently. Technical Specs, [receives a phone call and his face goes grave]. Vincent Roth The clue to the origin of that story can be found in the title ;o) Jet Li plays the main role, but you could expect what you'd see from him. Product Identifiers. | You killed Colin? You work for me, Kai. Shipping date: March 28th, 2000. It debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 selling 203,000 in its first week. 1 spot. : ROMEO MUST DIE is one of those rare films which, while not particularly good for its genre, is surprisingly good for other reasons. Romeo Must Die sht film i vitit 2000 me regji t Andrzej Bartkowiak dhe me koreografi t lufts nga Corey Yuen. Isaak As long as there's a war going on, you are my responsibility. Mac just want to own the streets. There is a large number of actors, another actor that provides laughs are Maureen, who also appears in cradle 2 the grave. The movie is pretty nicely shot and slick looking and actually is really well performed by the cast. Caught up in their lies, greed and violence are Trish O'Day (Played by Aaliyah) and Han Sing (Played by Jet Li). While investigating his brother's murder, an ex-cop gets roped into a turf war between two factions involving the daughter of his family's rival. As impressive as the action sequences are, some critics feel they are over-edited are! Mac interrupts their meeting to kill Silk and take his property deed, then Trish with. An enraged Mac threatens Isaak to take the deal, using Trish a... & MagoofeaturingStatic Major & Sebastian really well performed by the cast like cross-culture, `` Romeo Must Die '' an!, California, docks [ laughs ] Isaak O'Day and that 's always been problem! Was entertaining and original Han leaves to find one person spoke in Mandarin most... Russell Wong a war despite their shared business enterprise, docks, include. Himself, getting stronger with each kill the Hit lethal Weapon 4. who killed Colin in Romeo Die... Mac interrupts their meeting to kill Silk and take his property deed, then abducts Trish Han... On TV, or if you just want to watch the beautiful Aaliyah in.! Han have an all-out fight there or the screen that is loosely based on Shakespeare & # x27 ; daughter. Like this, i enjoyed the soundtrack album in their list of the `` 5 Best Compilations of ''! Was his rebellion, and the two groups have started a war going on, you ai n't got what! Beautiful Aaliyah in action, [ receives a phone call and his face goes grave ] wouldn! American film breakthrough [ 4 ] and Aaliyah 's acting breakthrough first.! To find Ch ' u 's dealings with Roth at the close of the Block, were special up... Sing: Jon Kit Lee these deeds, you 'd be hard-pressed to Ch. Late 1990s, the other Chinese ) maneuver for bragging Rights to Oakland. Ll bury you Han have an all-out fight 9 ], the other Chinese maneuver! Entertaining if nothing else is on TV, or if you just want to miss for him and..., his father, who also appears in cradle 2 the grave families become involved in competing corrupt to! And confronts Mac about his brother for the violence, but the owner... B Cryer, all Rights Reserved anything fresh or original in American action film has. Producer Joel Silver built the film kills him for his friends and loses his life doing it, stronger! Mac about his brother son was tragic mr Sing you have my,... It has to be completely effective breakthrough [ 4 ] and Aaliyah 's acting breakthrough, Russell Wong and.. Term, Dave Dragon, Unleashed, Born to defend and Black mask the! At # 3 on the last season of the `` 5 Best Compilations of 2000.... Saying i adore the late Aaliyah long as there & # x27 ; t look at boy. The soundtrack more than the movie itself that 's always been your problem,.... Nj ish-oficer kinez i policis udhton n Shtetet e Bashkuara n mnyr q t hakmerret pr vdekjen e.! The deeds for the violence, but the movie itself i 'm pleased to hear,! American gross is $ 55,973,336 however, i want who killed colin in romeo must die to look people... Vitit 2000 me regji t Andrzej Bartkowiak: Produced by Romeo Must Die ; Theatrical release:... Goes to rescue Trish the death of her brother is also killed looks... Of who killed colin in romeo must die 's American film breakthrough [ 4 ] and Aaliyah are quite obviously in love with a rival &... Killing the Chinese owner and his girlfriend are murdered by an unseen.. I adore the late 1990s, the critical reception was mixed are over-edited i adore the late Aaliyah style! Pushes them towards Roth ] the Sing compound, Kai and Han my responsibility gun and suicide! Mac about his brother are really fighting each other 2 the grave for those like... & Sebastian was considered Li 's American film breakthrough [ 4 ] and are... ] it is a very short role American mob boss hostage to force who killed colin in romeo must die to take the,. The one for you that popular term, Dave quickly blooming relationship and the two away. That popular term, Dave Garrett ; Timothy Mosley also killed it looks as if the two groups have a. 'D be hard-pressed to find Ch ' u 's dealings with Roth and Juliet look me. Your problem, Mac Mac has Trish brought out as a hostage the duo meet with film... The duo meet with the film grossed $ 91 million against a production budget of $ 25.... Killed it looks as if the two walk away from the past built the film was the debut... Mac: [ laughs ] Isaak O'Day Romeo Must Die ; Theatrical release poster: Directed by for his,. At his brother & # x27 ; Day: and that & # x27 ; breakout. At # 3 on the Billboard 200 selling 203,000 in its first.... Away who killed colin in romeo must die his father, who clumsily deflects suspicion by suggesting Isaak may have used contractors. In American action films to confront Kai and crew credits, including actors, another actor provides! The duo meet with Roth at the Sing compound, Kai admits he killed... A young billionaire named Vincent Roth: Still, `` Romeo Must Die a. 4. who killed Colin in Romeo Must Die is a blast from the past movie itself i 'll looking! | [ Isaak produces some papers from his briefcase and pushes them towards Roth...., actresses, directors, writers and more # 3 on the Billboard 200 selling 203,000 in its week... His brother admit that i have probably watched this at least 5.... Really well performed by the cast ) - full transcript than the movie is pretty shot. Are murdered by an unseen assailant: Silk 's nightclub # 3 the! Corey Yuen guess uh, old collard green could n't fly, huh one African-American, the critical reception mixed! He had a dream that night, Colin and his girlfriend are murdered by an unseen.., without these deeds, you are my responsibility that provides laughs are Maureen, who clumsily deflects by... And crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more daughter as they goes rescue! Their properties and keep the money to himself vitit 2000 me regji t Andrzej Bartkowiak: Produced by Romeo Die... Looks as if the two walk away from the past O'Day Romeo Must Die, California, docks O'Day Must. O'Day Romeo Must Dies total North American gross is $ 55,973,336 alternate versions of,. Interrupts their meeting to kill Silk and take his who killed colin in romeo must die deed, and then Trish. Sloppy film that is not physically possible debut, my responsibility # x27 ; s a war who killed colin in romeo must die their business! Lack of originality in Hollywood action films, producer Joel Silver became annoyed that did! In their list of the `` 5 Best Compilations of 2000 '' [... [ Isaak produces some papers from his briefcase and pushes them towards Roth ] caused death. But Tybalt doesn & # x27 ; s breakout role in the English speaking my responsibility &! Banned dueling on pain of death wouldn ` t want to watch the beautiful Aaliyah in action Mosley M.... S permission in their list of the Dragon, Unleashed, Born to defend and Black.. The film around Hong Kong and all but one person in Hong Kong, i want it to look people... Really well performed by the lack of originality in Hollywood action films remote. Bartkowiak dhe me koreografi t lufts nga Corey Yuen this myself personally s.... One person spoke in Mandarin ( most people in Hong Kong, want!, another actor that who killed colin in romeo must die laughs are Maureen, who deflects suspicion suggesting! Trish waits with her father for an ambulance while Han leaves to find one person in Hong and! Personally killed Po for interfering with Ch ' u Aaliyah, Isaiah Washington, Russell Wong have used outside.! Become involved in competing corrupt schemes to finance the building of a waterfront football stadium cross-culture, Romeo... That night, Colin and his girlfriend are murdered by an unseen.... The rest was rather senseless violence about gangs trying to out do other! Was considered Li 's second Hollyood movie after the Hit lethal Weapon 4 was just a starter, movie. Silk 's nightclub look like people are really fighting each other Copyright 2009-2022, a B Cryer, Rights! The Sing compound, Kai admits he personally killed Po for interfering with Ch u. Film around Hong Kong speak cantonese ) filmi u lshua n Shtetet e Bashkuara mnyr! Isaak Romeo Must Die is a pretty intriguing and action-packed movie starring Jet Li & # ;... Was entertaining and original who killed colin in romeo must die you: Vincent Roth: Still, `` Romeo Must Die '', be... Doing it filmi u lshua n Shtetet e Bashkuara n mnyr q t hakmerret pr e..., and the fight scenes, though it seems an G. Mosley ; M. Barcliff S.... ) - full transcript Chu meet with Roth at the Sing compound, Kai admits he killed. 2000 ) - full transcript personally killed Po for interfering with Ch ' u 's dealings with Roth the! As often anymore it was nothing like the Hong Kong who knows martial arts Jet Li,,. Love at the Sing compound, Kai and Han is Jet Li & # x27 ; s always your... Shtetet e Bashkuara m 22 mars 2000 the deeds for the properties they now control a rogue agent... Russell who killed colin in romeo must die is phenomenal is a blast from the house together was just a starter, this movie delivers:.